Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The season

I have had a great season so far. I have had the CHRISTmas spirit so far. I have had about 10 to 12 young people in my front room singing CHRISTmas carols. They brought in snow and one young lady was upset. I asked her "What is snow?" It is water and it will dry. Don't worry about it. They sang about six songs and gave me a tin of home made cookies and a card.
Such Fun!
My front room is decorated. One table has a creche set with a farm building and the shepardand his sheep,the farmer and cows and donkeys, and the three kings. Of cource there is Mary,Joseph, and Jesus. Jesus was missing from the set and I had to go looking for one. Found Him. (Hint Hint-not a bad thing to search for) I have another table with white ceramic creche,Mary, Joseph and Jesus. A angel that is about 12" tall holding a white candle. A tree that lights up with clear doves.
The whole set in the white ceramic is so beautiful. One window has a small green ceramic decorated tree. Another window has a basket like tree all decorated with a red cardinal on top. And my third window has a 32" fiber optic tree in it. I have a 32" snow man standing in my front room. Made of wood leaning up against a welcome sign. My front door has a plastic tree hanging on it.
Sunday I was picked up for church. Many of the young people did do something. When the little ones sing or play an instrument it is so great. What a blessing. Then I stayed for Pot Luck lunch. I was amazed by the amount of food and the good company. I usually don't do pot lucks as I am not comfortable with them.
Now back to reality. Yesterday I was sweeping snow off my porch and steps and I broke the handle in half. Now it will be a short broom to carry in the car. I walked into the kitchen this morning and my cat Ginger had dumped the garbage over.
Coffee grounds,orange peal,plus; so short or not the floor had to be swept.
The magic day is coming. Hope all goes well. Hugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol we lost Jesus from our nativity too, Mary and Joseph looked quite forlorn. Anyway I found him later, Chatterbox had been playing with him.

Have a blessed Christmas.

Lots of Hugs.