Friday, January 15, 2010

Winter Driving

What a joy-NOT. The other day I had trouble going up a hill after stopping for a stop sign and making a right turn. Traction finally kicked in BUT today no traction,trapped on hill had to go in reverse until I was stuck again. Then to make it worse had traffic coming at me. So after that I wiggled the car to get it loose and then put it in reverse and backed down the hill. There was no car waiting behind me so I reverse and go a different way. When I was at post office in town I heard I wasn't the only one with the problem others had it happen to them. Needless to say I took the long way home. I called town chairman and asked for some sand put on the hill.
I had lost a small skein of chenille yarn and I found it today. It was all pulled apart and laying on the floor in my closet. Ginger must have used it as a toy. I just happen to see a small section of it. I picked it up and managed to get it rolled up into a ball. I don't think Ginger wanted me to teach her how to crochet. Her kitty paws just couldn't do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naughty kitty-cat.

It's been very slippy here. Hubs rang me to tell me there'd been a 26 car pile-up on the motorway he travels on. Luckily he wasn't involved. Some people were very badly injured.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Winter driving is not the easiest but I have never gone fast not even the speed limit when its icy. It is not fun to be in a ditch and see the trees coming at the car.

Anonymous said...

It is a little warmer now, but still freezing. Main roads are nearly free, but there is snow slush all over. I heared in the news that next week there will be rain - that will be really dangerous. Please take care Joyce and do not fall.