Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home Now A Garage.

Today my son and I went up and bought construction supplies for a new cover over septic tank area.
We took back roads and I went to places I had not seen for years. While driving thru the town where I first lived up here in late 60s my son said "Our house is now a garage". I said I wanted to see it so he drove over to it. I was shocked and amazed how small it was. The porch was removed and some more had to be taken off. There were alot of memories for this widow with 4 young boys. Now the boys are men and I am a great grandma but it was sad to see a garage instead of a home. Then we went home.
My son suggested that I invite someone over for coffee and sit out front while he was in back yard. He said if there was something in the house he needed he could get it. And he did.
A sad and glad day.

No comments: