Monday, June 04, 2007

Howdie!!

Well I have been around but quiet on the blog. I left a few comments and got a few uplifts from what I read. I am in the middle of something that I don't recomend and don't suggest you do. I am working on dropping some of my pills and getting where I feel better and have some energy. I am keeping track of my BP and I know how to stop a pill in steps and stages. I am getting where I feel like doing things. I can sit in a chair and not fall asleep. And when I go to bed I sleep and wake up refreshed knowing I slept. I haven't fallen in the last week either. I just feel so much better. My thinking and thoughts are better. I am not going to let my BP go sky high but if it goes up a few so be it. I need to be able to function and do something. I know my body and I have a little knowledge of meds.
DON'T DO THIS ! At 73 I do have a little idea of what I want to do and stagnating in a chair is not it. I'm getting some of my humor and spunk back. We are all responsible for what we do and incase you wondered I have prayed about this.
Hugs to you all.

7 comments:

alphabet soup said...

That's the spirit Joyce!! All the best with getting your bounce back - 73 is far too young to be stagnating in a chair!!

Ms Soup

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so hard! I'm glad you making it through though. And feeling so much better! I'm in the midst of seriously hating any drugs, but you probably know that. =)

Jodi said...

Oh, Joyce, I so relate to the fogginess of BP medicine. When I had my older daughter (now 11), they put me on BP meds. I took them like a *good girl*. I had a 5-year-old Kindergartener, I worked full time as an office manager, and I was a *zombie* pregnant woman! If I sat down ~ I dozed. Funny thing was when I went on maternity leave (early because of the BP), my numbers dropped overnight. Needless to say hubby decided I would *not* be going back.

They tried to put me on them again when I was pregnant with my next to youngest. One of the nurses had an extra small cuff (you know, for all those really petite pregnant women ~ *rolling my eyes*!). Whenever she took my BP it was up, but never at any other station. When I tried to point this out (knowing that a too small cuff would give a false high), no one would listen. I had no peace about taking the stuff, so I just never filled the prescription. I had my own BP kit at home which I used to keep an eye on things myself. When I went to deliver, everything was fine and BP was normal. I think I probably did need the meds the first time (and I took them), but not the second.

I firmly believe that we have to take responsibility for our own health. I'm not suggesting that doctors are to be ignored or avoided, but no one knows *you* better than yourself. I'm only suggesting that people should be responsible and not just blindly follow ~ not even a doctor.

I'll be praying this works out for you, Joyce! I can fully understand wanting to get your zip back! Hugs to you. :o)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

I have done more work in my yard in the last few days than I have done in the last few months. I'm sleeping better. I am keeping track of my BP as I have a set at home. Actually I have two sets.
My mother fell and broke her hip 3 times. I am not going to let that happen to me.

Anonymous said...

Caramba! That's a start of sorts I guess. Carry on.
I have one of these small measurement-devices and use it regularily.
Are you planting some herbs in your yard? That's what I saw on a blog recently (Dante and the lobster, what I found to be a funny title).

Just do not give up.

Anonymous said...

Yey for Joyce! You go girl ;)

Hope you get out of the 'fogginess' soon and back to your wonderful self. So glad you've posted.

Hugs.

Tammy said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better!