Friday, September 21, 2007

Panama

Last night I watched a movie I had seen advertized earlier in the day. It was about a not soo honest spy and the Panama Canal. Having lived there 50 years plus ago I wanted to see if I could see anything I could recognize, I didn't see much but it was interesting and it had some plot. They did mention a hotel -the only big one when I was down there El Panama.
Saw street vendors which I remember dealing with down there. A walk down memory lane for a few hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Panama in the 1950s: I am sure there were a lot of white uniforms and you did wear a hat, didn't you? :)
I hope it are gentle, friendly memories.

I looked around the web and found a kind of family-photo-album:
http://www.junipersky.com/indexb.html
They were in the area a little later, end-fifties and beginning sixties.

Mimi said...

I'm happy for you that you could reminisce about Panama...
did it make you want to go back for a visit?

Joyce's Ramblings said...

I have many different memories of Panama. It was a different kind of culture than I was used to. I gained and lost while I was down there.
I would love to go back for a visit and see how much it has changed. I always confuse people when I say that I waded in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans on the same day when I was younger.
I think my wonderlust comes from my time in Panama.