Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Plus

The weekend was great. I got a ride to church. The Packers won the football game. Later in the afternoon I received company.It was a son,grandson and my little greatgranddaughter. When they were last here I said I could take care of her at night. Well Sunday night my son told me this was the night.We put the play pen in the front room and padded it for her sleeping place. I was up with her for about and hour off and on starting at 2am. Feeding changing and rocking. What a great time. I enjoyed it so much. Today we went up so I could do the wash. The guys took off and I had the baby and did my wash. Then I did a little shopping at a trift store. Then it was WalMart for food. Then we stopped for lunch. I was busy and now I'm tired. The baby was 2 months on sunday.
Such a Joy and blessing.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Aw, so sweet to spend time with your little wee great-granddaughter! I'm happy for you!

Mimi said...

What a great time for you....
I am so happy for you that you are able to get out and go more places... You are finding that people are very happy to take you places so you don't have to stay home alone... aren't you!!
I loved it when My grand babies were close enough to spend the weekends with me... now I have to just satisfy myself with phone conversations...
I'm glad you had a nice weekend!

TO BECOME said...

Oh, I know you had so much fun. I am so glad you had the chance to take care of her. That is a memeory that will last forever. connie from Texas

Jodi said...

Precious times! It sounds like you had a sweet, sweet time with your great-baby-girly and a good errand day. Blessings abound.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

It was the best of times. While at the laundramat a fly landed on her nose. Her smile was so cute.
She is starting to "coo" now.

Anonymous said...

:)
What is to "coo"?

More than 30 years ago I had a kind of "idea", or "understanding", call it what you want. I was on my way through the town I lived in, winter time, evening, pretty cold, snow-mud. The footpath was pretty small, lots of people, pre-christmas crowd.
I was walking, looking down and looked straight in the eyes of a child, small girl, eyes wide open, hair long to the shoulders, smiling, a self-made coat, 4 years? Looked up into the eyes of the person that held her hand, seemingly old man with deep lines, same eyes totally different look, hit me deep. I understood something I could not "word". Stepped aside, saw the child in all its innocence, went on.

I think the picture of your great-grand-daughter (is that right?) with a fly on her nose triggered this forgotten memory.

(It was the eyes. Grey I think. and the difference: The child was smiling, blank and knowing at the same time, the man seemed to the me from 30 years ago to be an old man, I remember his lines in the face and the tired look, must have been grand-dad, he wore a kind of woven cap. What touched me was the directness of the views. Gave me a lot to think about time.
Remembered the scene sometimes later, but forgot for long - until the fly landed on your greatgranddaughters nose (and you wrote about it)).
Sorry for the long comment.

Mimi said...

Hi Joyce,
just stopping by again to say Hi...
hope you had a pleasant week...and I hope you have a ride to church today...I am praying for you...