Sunday, September 09, 2007

I'm Back

I am in a place where I am saying what next? But today a wonderful friend said she keeps praying and checking to see me blog and ready to face the world. I had to LOL. I am sitting in my chair with my left eye black and almost swollen shut. A knot on my head. My leg is scratched and I now have three purple toes. I am wearing a pair of glasses that are so old style-large. And I am thanking God for protecting this old lady. I took a fall yesterday and it was a hard one. But when things go bad and you can't change them you have to laugh and get on with life. God is good to me and I am not in control of everything in my life. So enough down time. Mimi bless you for not giving up on me.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

((Joyce)) ~ Praise God for His protection! I am so very sorry to hear of this tumble and all the pain and problems it has brought but so very glad you were not hurt worse. I'm also thrilled to see you post again. I hope and pray your family is well. Since I haven't heard otherwise I'm guessing you are still in early hibernation (due to lack of transportation). Still praying that problem will be lifted from you.

Mimi [as my children call her, or Mom ~ as I call her ;o)] is a very special lady! I'm so glad you two *met*! She's kind of persistent, isn't she? ;o)

Mimi said...

Joyce,
I am so happy to see you back... even if you are not in the best of shape..
but you know purple is my favorite color.. so I would say your toes are pretty until the purple turns black and greenish yellow...
don't give up on yourself because God knows what you are going through and I am praying for you every morning
God bless you,

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mimi & Jodi,
What a great combination. My Mom broke her hips twice. She had very brittle bones and I know that God has protected me otherwise I would be in the hospital. That much hibernation I don't want!
We sometimes need persistentance to get thru to a hard head. { Yesterday hard head was good} God Bless and have a great week.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

I can't spell. The word is persistance!

Anonymous said...

A fallen lady so to speak.
Yes, purple toes are hip these days, and black eyes too! I am sure it looks impressive and all the blokes quietly take the other side of street when you come along ... :)

Analyze please how it happened and protect against it, you do not need another dive. Luckily nothing seems to be broken. Hope you do not have to feel pain.