Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Do Not Call

Yesterday for the umpteenth time I ran to answer the phone to hear "This is your last notice". It is for something I don't have and every other day I get my final notice. After a month of final notices I went to the No call List. I can only hope this will work. If I have another call from Mike about Dish TV I will scream. I used to be very polite but no more now as soon as they start I hang up. I used to be on it and as soon as I was off I started to get the calls. I have now taken my phone back.

Have you gotten a stimulus payment? Today I received a notice dated June 2 that I should receive my payment on May 30th.
Some days I just don't understand what people are thinking! Is this why we now pay 42 cents to mail a letter?

My BIL is coming along after his stroke. My GGD is walking pushing a toy. She can't turn yet so she may hit a few things unless they turn toy. My neighbors have cut my grass and planted some plants in my yard today. So I guess it is my cast and my arm that goes from itching to hurting that is making such a grump!
God Bless And hugs. :o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very annoying, I dislike pushy sales people greatly.

Glad your BIL is doing well.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Yes these calls ... Here it is a "neighborhood-thing" leaving notes nearly every day. It's plain fraud. I do not answer the phone when I see no number or read on the display that the number is oppressed.

Excuse my, but what is "BIL" standing for?
Hope they planted some nice plants and your arm is healing well.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Thanks Sarah. Mago- BIL stands for brother-in -law. All IL are in laws.
My arm is healing I guess. Three more weeks before I see the doctor an take another x-ray to see if it is healed.

Katie said...

A cast would be miserable in the summer. I'm so sorry for you. How long do you have to wear it?

That's hilarious about that letter. What a waste of paperwork. :)

love you!

Mimi said...

glad your BIL is doing well...I pray that the doctor will tell you that your arm is as good as new!!!
and as for the phone calls...I have been getting a collection call for a person that we have never even heard of...(which by the way is only a recording-not a real person so I can't tell them to stop calling us...now we just let the answering machine answer...and because it's a recording...they just give their same spill every time)

If you ever figure out how to stop those annoying phone calls please let me know!!
Mimi

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Hi,sorry to hear that you had a fall and broke all those bits. Hope you are recovering well. As far as the phone calls go, all I can say is that it wasn't me! :) God bless.