Thursday, April 16, 2009

Great Day

Yesterday it was in the 60s and a bright sunny day. Not the kind of day to be house bound. I started working on my yard again.
I worked awhile, go into the house rest awhile and go back outside and work some more. My peony bushes are old but still beautiful. I needed to get the old removed so the new can come in. I didn't see any new growth yet but it will be soon. I also clean around the day lilies on one side of the house. I still have some to do on the other side of the house. I marked where some other plants were coming up.
Now for the bad news. Ticks are back. When I took my sweater off there was one sitting on my shoulder. Yuk! I flushed it down real quick.
When I couldn't stay awake I gave up and went to bed by 8:30. Those quick naps in between the yard work didn't keep me from getting a good nights sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is good news that you can go out and work in the garden and the yard!
I finally cleaned my balcony and enjoy drinking my morning coffee out there in the sun.
Ticks (Zecken) are dangerous. I learned to remove them without braking them with a "Zeckenzange", kind of tick-remover or pincher. For people living in infested areas or people working in the woods there is an inoculation, but I do not know what it exactly helps for.
Ach whatever these small bloodsuckers - it's great to come out of the house now! ENjoy!

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago, I love being outside and it is a good form of exercise for me because there are no time limits. I can quit when I am tired and come back later without it hurting anything. Ticks can give you Lymes. It can really reck havoc on your body.

Raine said...

OH thank god I dont live in tick area!! (shudders)

Anonymous said...

Spring made a small pause here, colder, and eastern wind. But the nightingales started to sing right this night: It is irreversible now. Hope you enjoy time outside!