Sunday, April 05, 2009

You can't always see whats there

Yesterday afternoon my neighbor called me while she was standing on the side walk in front of my house. She said my "daffys"
were coming up. I still have snow piled in that area. I went outside and sure enough she pointed out this little tiny clump barely breaking ground. My daffys were coming up. Then she asked about my tulips and showed me how they were coming up. This bunch of little nubbins 1/8" high. " See" she said. My tulips are coming up. My day lilies are coming up. I saw one plant that was 3" high. I am not fond of day lilies because they spread so fast.
Her garden plots have a great number of flowers coming up. Her yard has many flowers planted in many spots. Her yard is beautiful.
Her garden is her way to relax and she works at it. Most of the flowers in my yard came from her. Raking and weeding tire me out .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! flowers! I bought some more tulips in a pot yesterday. already blooming. so pretty!

Anonymous said...

It's early in the morning of Monday here and I will soon go to bed. But this day in the morning I will do my balcony and I will have it clean by midday and bring out my plants. I do not have many but some in pots and i like them. This spring and summer they will live outside, yeah, no excuses!
A real garden? I think it's a nice thing to have - if you do not have anything else to do. It takes time and effort and one can see progress, it settles all down to another rhythm, but I guess it is not mine.
My grandmother had a beautiful garden, but she was living her whole life on the countryside and living of the land and all ... a phantasy, something like an ideal.
But honestly for me it would not work - I'd be too unpatient.