Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Joys

Last week I received a fruit basket from a group from the public school. Apples,oranges,grapefruit and a loaf of fruit bread.
Tonight I had two families from church come over with their children and they sang carols and they gave me a loaf of bread. I am not sure how to spell the name of the bread-cardamen? They stayed on the porch and I could hear them thru the storm door. They didn't need to get my coughing on them. I had to walk away once to cough. It is so nice to see people that know how to celebrate Christmas. I am still fighting this cough and even my cat is getting upset with me because she gets all comfortable and then I start to cough and she takes off.
The weather is getting bad again and this time it is down by my kids. We may get some snow but they are getting a mess of things-snow,sleet,ice,freezing rain. My kids have to drive in this and I pray that they make it. I am so glad that none of them are coming to see me. I would be worrying all the time they came up and while they would be going home. 200 miles each way too too far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fröhliche Weihnachten und Gottes Segen! Merry Christmas and blessings for you, Joyce.

Raine said...

Merry Christmas Joyce!!

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Christmas!

Hugs.