Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"A Little Dab Will Do You"

In the 40's there was a hair creme that used that line in their ads. I have found a new use for that line. I went to the dollar store and bought a jar of vapo-rub. I dislike putting it on my chest area or under my nose to get its fumes so here it is: I take a little dab of this on a small piece of tissue and set it on my bed side table in line with my head. It works and I get the fumes. I don't sleep facing the table but before I go to sleep or when I first wake up I get the value. The dab is potent for a day or two. It doesn't hurt bed side table and can be picked up and removed easily. With the furnace running as much as it does I may be doing this for quite awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, this vaporub-"cream" is no good on the chest. When I have to use it I will put a blob in hot water, put a handkerchief over my head and inhale. If no vapurub is available saltwater only helps too.
In my sleeping room there is always an airflow, especially in the cold season. The windows the owner company built in two years ago are simply and plainly crap, excuse me. So to avoid a serious headaches or a strong cold I have to use several blankets or rugs and must cover my head entirely.
I hope your windows are closing well!

Anonymous said...

My Dad used to hate us using vaporub when I was a child. I quite like the smell. I'm not as keen on olbas oil.