Thursday, December 10, 2009

Old Age or New Smarts

I'm not sure which it is but I have been inside my house and not gone anywhere since I pulled my car into my yard on Monday. That is something I was unable to do until lately. I had to go to the post office if no other place. I don't have the desire to go out in the cold and I am content. My son is coming tomorrow and he is taking me up to get my new glasses and do laundry. The laundry is really stacking up and it has to be done. Glasses and laundry are in stores in the same block. This is so different than I was before. I would go for a ride just to go.
What do you think? Old age or New Smarts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Smarts. I have times when nothing can make me go out - especially on a day when it barely becomes lightish like today: The sky is grey, the light is grey, from time to time rain slams down and the clouds are racing - I very much would like to go to bed again, already had strong coffee, but feel still tired.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago, I just checked the weather and it is -7 degrees. Wind chill factor of -19 degrees. And if my son comes up to take me to get my glasses I will be going out.
Maybe I haven't gotten smart enough.
Isn't it amazing how the weather effects us all. Bright sunny days seem to make us a little happier. Grey days puts a grey curtain over all.
Wishing a sunny day for you.

Anonymous said...

SOrry, no sun, but the grey became a little lighter. Now I have to go to the library and meet someone who could become a customer.

Anonymous said...

bright and sunny here...if not cold. not as cold as it is up there, though, I'm sure.

Raine said...

I would guess its a combo. The older I get the less I like going out. I am perfectly comfortable with my own company for the most part. Actually I dislike having to go out more often than not. When I was younger I wasnt ok on my own. Now I wish I had more time to myself.