Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Perk of Retirement

Tonight I will see one of the best perks of retirement. There is a blizzard coming and since I am retired I don't have to go out in it. It has been a long time since we have had a blizzard warning. We have had snow storm but blizzard not too often. "White Outs" are not fun when driving. Driving thru an area of flat fields with high winds is not fun. When I worked I did this and many nights it was God's goodness to me that I made it home. Some nights I didn't make it home because no one could come in to take my place. I have walked a half mile in foot high snow when I was much younger and I was totally soaked. When I got home I couldn't open my door so I went to a neighbor's house to warm up and then went to open my door. So you see I know of what I speak. Beautiful snow covered trees and houses look nice but that doesn't last long.
I hope everyone that is driving tonight and tomorrow are driving slow and stay safe. Last winter my son was in an accident on an icy road.

2 comments:

joan patz said...

Joyce
I love your new blog facelift, you are talented.
It is beautiful, but caution is needed. I did great going my mile to work, Matt had a hard time because his car is lower and he doesn't have all new tires.
I remember the days of the deep snow. I wish I was'nt working today, I would love the cozy warm house. I usually go to town on Wed, but switched with someone and am going tomorrow instead, that is good in that I probably would not have made it to town today.
Stay in!
love ya
Joan

Anonymous said...

Snow is very beautiful. As a stay at home Mum I love that I don't have to struggle into work on bad weather days, but I do feel for hubs and my Dad who have to battle the motorways in bad weather.