Sunday, December 13, 2009

Last Few Days

It has been an interesting last few days. On friday I went up to Iron Mountain with my son.
Before we went he picked up my mail at the post office. It had been a week since it was last picked up. There was a letter from social security stating my benefits for the next year. I supposed they had to send it out even if it won't change, I felt like it was being rubbed in that there was no increase. I know there are a large number of people that have it worse than me but my human not thinking side took over. I went up did my laundry and then went and picked up my new glasses. Laundry cost had gone up and those glasses were more than I remember them being the last time I bought some a few years back. Showing my human side again.
Saturday we were going to pick up a couple of great grands and get some things to help with fixing windows. Plastic covering and foam insulation. After we picked up the two kids my son decided as long as we were so close to his house we would go there so I could see my great grands down there.
When we arrive my 6 year old great grand son met me with a big hug. I was able to hold and feed a bottle to my newest greatgrandson only 19 days old. What a joy. Then we had to go get the things for the house. I didn't really mind buying things for the house because it was cost effective. Before we left that morning my mail contained my property tax bill. Human Again!!!
I haven't ever missed a meal and I wish I could stop being so cost conscious. It might be my age and I can remember what things used to cost.
When we arrive home my son went to work fixing the windows. I don't know how he could have done all he did because I was so tired. Riding the miles made me tired and I didn't even have to drive.
Today before he left he did a few other things for me. He got my scoop out of my shed and checked my propane supply. I fixed a new recipe for lunch. The great grands like it but my son couldn't eat much of it because it had too much pepper in it. I followed the recipe but my son didn't have much lunch. I am glad he had a good breakfast. He still had to take great grands home.
Long post from one tired lady. I know I am blessed but once in a while I get soooo human about money. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Raine said...

It is hard not getting that cost of living increase. They say the cost of living hasnt gone up but I say they are full of it. Mayonnaise is $4.59. Last year it was $2.99 EVRYTHING has gone up except gas and I use very little of that so it doesnt effect me much. My insurance is going up 50% You have every right to "be human"

Anonymous said...

I've been pretty "human" that last few days. Crabbies all over the place. It's hard not to crab about the cost of living. At least Bob could help you with all that stuff. :) That's a big plus!

Anonymous said...

Being human has its drawbacks :)