Thursday, February 11, 2010

Haiti Stories and Me

Yesterday I read about a couple that was adopting a baby from Haiti. They had gotten their child and gone to the hotel in town to spend their first night as a family. They were found in the ruble huddle together the next day after the earthquake.
I felt so sad by this story but also so blessed. Here I sit in my warm house with only a little snow on the ground and all around me people are hurting.
I need to thank God for my blessings more. When my kids do something I can't understand I can't complain I should be thankful I have my kids,and grandkids and great grandkids.
Is my life exactly like I want it NO. BUT- Thanks be to God for what I do have.
If your day isn't going like you want it to go remember to thank God that you have the day at all.
We have so much plus the promises of God.
We don't always understand the "Whys" but we will someday.
God Bless

5 comments:

the johnson crew said...

beautifully written,

I am so glad i have you on m y blogroll, now I can keep my eye on you!

blessings, Janelle

joan patz said...

Yes, so much to be thankful for. wow what a product day you posted, it feels good to get much done.
Pray for Janelle she is having cabin fever, and other needs.
So happy we can pray!
Love you!
Joan

Anonymous said...

yes, I just read the article. very sad and much to be thankful for.

Raine said...

I am very greatful that I have a roof over my head, heat and food and that my kids are ok. So many people dont have that

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a fine Sunday today.