Saturday, February 06, 2010

Productive Day

Today was a productive day. A neighbor inflated the tire that has a slow leak while I was sleeping. When I saw that my tire was okay I thought "Gee I can check my mail. Its only been 5 days," Now to get the car started and running right. Battery seem down. Went and got my mail; there was enough. Took it home and decided to take a run up to the store so the battery could be charged and I could get a few things I needed. While I was up there I decided to take time to get my hair cut. (It really needed it) I headed home with my groceries and a balky car. It was running but not smooth and carburetor was backfiring. Nine miles from home I checked where I used to wash my clothes and they had opened up again. I came home -got my clothes and headed back. I still hadn't looked at my mail. Oh well, I could read it later and while the car was sort of running I better go. I washed my clothes and came home. I was happy but tired. I don't know if it was the stress of the car acting up or the fact I had been going for quite awhile.
But this old lady got things done and can sleep tonight. I decided to make a good supper tonight with some chicken I had cooked. I cut it up added some things and rolled it up in tortillas. Baked them about half an hour and enjoyed.
I had no plans to do anything when I woke this morning. LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that you can do all that by yourself.
Here something strange happened: Sun is shining! For the first time in months it is not grey in grey but really blue sky! Maybe I'll have a walk this afternoon.

the johnson crew said...

what a wonderful productive day! (especially the part where you fixed your car while you were sleeping. LOL)

Anonymous said...

ditto that productive day! :)

Anonymous said...

A very busy day. It's good to get lots done makes me feel useful - lol!

Raine said...

your dinner sounds yummy