Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flying Fast Past

My upstairs has my mind going thru years at a speed I have trouble comprehending. I pick up something and I am looking at a newspaper clipping from 1947 about my grandparents 50th anniversary. I pick up another piece of paper and it is from 1926. It was my parents marriage license. A brief time later I am looking at pictures of their 50th anniversary celebration that I gave. Then I am looking at Christmas pictures from 1966 of my boys first Christmas with out their dad. He died in september of that year. I am looking at pictures from January 1967 when my son had his first birthday. More pictures when my sons were older. High school year book of mine from my junior year 1950.
It is a little hard dealing with all of this coming at me so fast. I have set myself down on the top stair and just sat more than once.
They say you can sometime see your life pass before you before you die. I'm seeing it now without any thing bad happening to me.

1 comment:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I think it would be a lot more fun if you did your clearing with company. I hate doing clearing but I would love to hear the stories behind each photo or memorabilia.