Sunday, March 14, 2010

Memories

Going thru things that you have stored has an advantage. You can find triggers that bring back memories of the different times in your life. Yesterday I found a stash of recipes of my mom's;
some handwritten and some cut from newspaper. My mom cooked some good meals. She made a good fruit cake and she and my dad canned some great relishes.
I also found the program for my high school graduation almost 60 years ago. Then I started to think about where I have lived. I thought of all the places since birth. Each house brought back a memory. And I can state that they were mostly good. Not all were good but thats expected out of life.
I will be happy to finish this work though because it is work. Some of the boxes are heavy for me. My back is complaining.
Have a great week and if you start feeling bad go to your memory bank and think good thoughts and thank God for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good week too.

Raine said...

My grandmother's recipes were lost my father and his wife split up. I would LOVE to have those recipes!