Friday, March 26, 2010

Junk Day

It is cold this early morning but as the old saying goes--I am hot to trot. I have to get the garbage out for the garbage men to pick up around 8:30. Then get all the stuff-- bags and bags of stuff they don't take ready for my son coming up from Green Bay sooooo the two of us can load his vehicle up and go to disposal place and GET RID OF IT!! I felt that my name should have been changed to Emelda Marcos when I went thru my shoes. I am getting rid of alot of shoes. When you pack shoes away it is just plain dumb on your part because you won't or can't wear them again.
Throw them away or donate don't pack them away.
Sometimes when you throw away you get a feeling that your life wasn't so bad if you have this much to get rid of.
Monday two more sons come up and take their things. Then I can peruse what I have left and get rid of alot more. One more son to get his things and then blessed relief I can dispose of more things without regard if its something I am storing for some one.
Someone told me yesterday I am doing my kids a favor by going thru this now- I can't accept that.
I am doing it for me. I want my house back and don't want or need all this stuff to feel secure.
I am blessed and I know it. So here I go!

2 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Post Scrip- Just checked weather it is 7 degrees out. I have to work fast to stay warm.

Anonymous said...

7 degrees?!?! yikes. glad Bob is coming up to help. :)