Thursday, March 18, 2010

Treasures

I have to make correction. Newspaper article was for my grandparents 60th anniversary not 50th.
When I put it in a protective cover I saw my error.
I sent my niece a letter that came from her parents with pictures of her and her siblings that was sent to my parents on March 20,1973. Almost exactly 37 years ago. I received a call tonight that she received them and was surprised. It felt good to share.
I shared some pictures with my sister and she received them today also. There was a picture of her that my dad carried in his wallet. She remembered the suit she had on.
This has changed my attitude a little bit. I have always said "stuff" is just that "stuff" Things don't have value as much as people and memories. I guess I was wrong.

2 comments:

Raine said...

I think the value is in the memories this stuff triggers

Anonymous said...

Things can be charged with meaning - and in the right environment they can react.