Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Today's Walk Down Memory Lane Via My Closet

I had gone through the clothes before but put off the floor and the shelves. But it is done and
I have gone from the 40's on up. Good things,bad things and strange things. I found a bag of paper back books mostly old romance books. I found a home medical reference book from 1940 and a book from 1896 by C.H. Spurgeon from Stockholm dealing with the Psalms. The only trouble with that book is -it is in Swedish. I could read the 23 Psalm because it is my favorite.
I found a box with squares of soft leather. (Don't have the slightest idea why) I for sure won't do any polishing with them. I found shoes (Woman"s Closet). One pair I wore over 10 years ago at my son's wedding.I found my roller derby shoe skates. I was so proud when I had my own shoe skates. I found some old records. Glen Miller's special album. A couple more albums that were collections of music. Found some old yarn so if I ever want some I have all kinds.
Christmas wrapping paper and bows and even paper to wrap baby gifts. Some decorations also.
I also found the book from my husband's funeral and the flag that covered his casket. Those things are over 43 years old. Naturally I had to look at the book and see the names.
There were a few other things but now I know what is there yet even if I don't know why. I think I have gone through my whole house now. Thank God I don't need any more memory lanes.

4 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Thanks for sharing with us your stroll down memory lane.

Raine said...

I'm glad you dont have to do anymore of painful memory travels, tho I do realize that most likely some of those memories were pleasant. I actually have some pleasant memories on occasion and am relieved. Thanks for your comments, it comforts me to know you are reading and I appreciate your support

the johnson crew said...

wow, so many memories. thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

... God bless, Joyce.