Saturday, May 29, 2010

Undoing Rock Garden Is Hard Work.

Yesterday and today I worked at getting stones out of the ground in front of my porch. The big stones were hard to lift and were deep in ground. (Sometimes I wonder why I get these ideas)
My friend wanted the stones for her place. She got upset with me because of my new stitches,thought I might pop a few. When you pick up heavy load you just need to use good sense and pray. She also took me to buy top soil and humus. I got 2 bags each at 40 pounds apiece. They put them in her car but I had to get them unloaded. Another fun time. A large number of rocks had to be loaded back into her car. What i had to do was leave a few where they were.
4H is great but 2H heat and hard work can tire you out. I still have 4 bags sitting on my lawn and they can sit there for now.
These last few days have been great. I tried a new recipe for Rhubarb cake and it was sooo good. I love it when I cook something to share and it turns out well. Don't have too many chances for that to happen.
Have a blessed holiday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah ... correct me please if I am wrong, you just throw around some stones while recovering from that operation last day or so - that wire thing you remember? - and there are some sacks of earth to be lifted around ...

Anyway, I hope you do what you can do and all - if you think the stones have to go, so be it ...

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago, You do what you have to do; as much as you can do at the time. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to. My house will look better when I get all the rocks I put down out of there and put new ground and grow grass. I can't always get help and I need to do some things myself. I am not a" bump on a log" and have to try to get things done. When you live alone what else can you do?
Believe it or not I am careful!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are. :)