Thursday, May 20, 2010

Unwanted Pet

Can't call it a pest because it is too little and too cute.(At least to me). This morning it was too sunny to sit and have coffee with my friend. No sunburn needed here. So we moved our coffee drinking to the shade in my backyard. Then I saw IT. Running checking us out then getting pieces of weeds and disappearing in tall grass behind us. Making multiple trips in front of us for pieces of weeds then run in back of us. But then IT changed it's route of travel going over to the side of the house. Red flag went up- could IT be doing what I thought? I watched a few more trips and then saw I was right. Every trip now IT came back with a mouth full of pink insulation. IT was going under the siding and some how getting to the insulation in the basement. IT must be padding the hole behind us with the insulation. Now you and I would not find comfort with insulation for padding but IT must. I put dryer sheets down where I thought IT was going on the side of my house. (Chemical Eviction Notice) I hope I am successful in this eviction.
IT is a cute little chipmonk and I don't want to hurt it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chipmunks are cute. But I guess they're like squirrels, cute but if they get into your house they can wreck havoc.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

I know I should check it out and I will in a day or so. I will have to check in the basement. But it made for a good show as we had our coffee break.
How are your wee ones doing with mom at school?

Raine said...

Awwwwww - the only pests we get are mice and cockroaches and I am thankful to have niether. I wouldn't want to hurt a chipmunk either

Raine said...

I hope your trip tuesday goes as well as mine today did. By the way, could you post and explain what a loop recorder is?

Anonymous said...

A relative of LGS?

Anonymous said...

ha, ha to Mago.

the only real pest are bees. I can stand everything else.