Sunday, May 02, 2010

Weekend Wonders

Well I had a weekend that I will remember for quite awhile. I'm not sure where to start. My son came up to fix the porch and he brought along three of my great grandchildren. The youngest is just a little over a year old and he took a instant fear of me. I have only seen him two or three times since he was born. If I walked into a room he would cling to his grandpa. I couldn't pay any attention to him. I could only get a little half smile by the evening. Saturday while my son was working on the porch I took the three for a short walk to a neighbors and they played with her toys. Little one tired out in the fresh air and fell asleep in my arms. He slept for over an hour while his brother and sister continued to play. I sat in the chair and had a visit with my neighbor. It was so nice outside.
I thought my son plans were to replace the one board in the front and one board on the deck of the porch. Boy was I wrong. When he started he started to pull boards off the porch and showed me where the boards under the deck of the porch were bad and needed back up. He fixed the bad side of the porch and then started on the railings. They were very loose and not steady. They are now solid. With fresh lumber I wanted the boards painted. He painted until the paint was gone and then worked on the railings while I went to get more paint. The whole porch was painted. It looks so nice.
I had time with my son and 3 of my great grands. He went away tired, and I am tired. I took a nap this afternoon. I went to church this morning and I managed to stay awake even if I was tired. I came home and had left over fish sticks and mac and cheese for lunch,then a nap. What a wonderful hard weekend. Or should I say weakend. My son probably was glad to go home and go to work this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's cool that your porch is re-done. it should be safer now. :)

Raine said...

I think you have a great son. You did well with him. Happy Mother's Day!