Thursday, October 02, 2008

Another Four Generation Time

This is not just a repeat of the other 4 gen. days. Yesterday when my son,my gs, and my ggd it wasn't just a visit it was work time. A part of the kitchen ceiling that hasn't been right except for 2 days a few years back was tiled. It had been once before but a bad storm came and the tile was removed. It has been there since 1976 when I bought the house. New roof new windows new siding didn't solve the problem but it is now. How does one live with a hole in the ceiling for over 30 years? I just did what I had to. I will be a little fearful when we have a bad storm but for now it is fixed.
I had a leaky faucet-drip drip. Destroyed the floor under the sink. I now have a new stainless faucet and new sink. My floor under the sink has been cover with some plywood.
The 1/2 inch wood trim around the ceiling has been put up. Needless to say I am not a repair person and I can't always find someone to work on my house. But I live in it because it is mine and I love it. So you can see this wasn't the usual visit.
My 14 month old greatgrand daughter seems to have grown a great deal since I last saw her. Walking all around, eating regular food. Getting in the way when everything is torn up but giving us a smile. She is content to play by herself. We were eating lunch out yesterday when a woman came in with her 17 month old son. Alexus start jabbering right away. These two little ones were solving the problems of the world. It was so great to see.
It was a good time yesterday and today before they left. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is great!

Raine said...

Thats awesome they came and worked on your house!! It sounds like a really good day, especially with littles ones "jabbering". I cant think of a happier sound than the sound of two toddlers solving the worlds problems!!

Mimi said...

little ones always seem to speak a language all their own...and they all appear to understand each other...
glad they got the ceiling sink and floor fixed for you...

Anonymous said...

Lol I love toddler speak.

And horray you got your ceiling fixed after so long.

Hugs.